- Look at your current financial situation – how much debt do you have? Where is your money stored? What are your monthly expenses? You might be surprised how different this is to what you first thought.
- Set specific goals – as these will help you focus e.g. transfer my credit card balance to a zero-interest account, save £1000 by the end of the year.
- Write it down – as it seems more real, and motivates and reminds you when you forget. Using sticky notes as reminders will keep you going.
- Get organised – and figure out how you can achieve your goals. Break them down into days, weeks, months as this will seem less intimidating and get you closer to achieving them.
- Tell someone – sharing your goals with a close friend or family member will help you keep going and provide support when you may need it.
- Review your budget – limit eating out, reduce your shopping spend as this will free up your money but remember everything in moderation – you still need to live!
- Make more money –ask for a pay rise, look for a higher paid job, grow your freelance career from home as a little extra money has its perks. Remember to do your homework though as your will still pay tax.
- Push yourself – stay motivated and remind yourself why you set goals. Talk to someone if it gets difficult. Only you can make it a success.
- Reassess – at regular intervals as will help you focus and help achieve your goals.
Don’t forget that for children of our clients we also provide a next generation offer.
If you need any help with Financial & business planning just give us a call on 01372 365950. We know that choosing the right professional financial adviser can be difficult. If you’d like to find out more about Citywide Financial Partners, book an appointment and we’ll travel to meet you – wherever and whenever suits you. We’ll explore your goals and aspirations and discuss building a strategy to get you where you want to be – all at no obligation to you.